Tuesday 9 November 2010

Pudding of the Chocolate, Lucuma, Purple Corn, Baobab Variety

Ok, so it has been many months since I blogged last... for anyone who has been counting the days, welcome back!

I am having a real trip down memory lane at the moment, listening to The Smashing Pumpkin's finest album, Gish, from the past, whilst eating a superfood pudding of the future... something I just whipped up in my humble kitchen!

This is far and away one of the tastiest 'Angel Delight'-esque puddings I have ever tasted and whilst it varies from time-to-time, it features the basic ingredients of:

1/2 an avocado

1 banana

half a cup of a nut milk - in this instance, freshly-made almond milk (whizz up a cup of soaked almonds to three cups water, pinch of sea salt and some agave to slightly sweeten - you can use honey, dates etc!)

Then it gets interesting!

In my blender, I already have the aforementioned avocado and banana, and the sloosh of almond milk...

then I add in:

1 tbsp lucuma fruit powder (delicious sweet and mealy powder... get it from (Detox Your World) - I have tried other powders from other places - this is the best one in my opinion)

1 tbsp baobab fruit powder (awesome taste - get some from Raw Living)

1 tbsp purple corn flour (Detox Your World)

1 HEAPED tbsp choc powder (you can use raw - I used my Waitrose pure choc powder)

three squeezes of agave nectar (or honey or three dates) (Detox Your World)

then BLEND!

And serve in the prettiest bowl.

I tell you, this is incredible!

And eating it whilst rocking out in my chair to The Smashing Pumpkins.... yeah!!!

If you make this, do post and let me know what you think!!!

Meanwhile, I am waiting for my almond fudge brownies to become ready for coating in raw chocolate... but more on that one tomorrow!


2 comments:

  1. Little Guru! That sounds like the most wonderful moment that you had there. Delicious! I work loads with Baobab and so if you ever need to know anything more about all its superfruit qualities, mystical African heritage and the ways in which we are sustainably looking after the resource then check out www.baobabsuperfruit.com
    Smiles,
    Rosie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie! So sorry - just saw your message! Only several months later:))) I will check out your website- thank you xx

    ReplyDelete