Saturday 4 July 2009

Great Healthy Tomato Sauce to go with Kids' Favourite - Pasta!


Pasta is one of my two-year old daughter's favourite dinner dishes. She likes the wholemeal or spelt pasta variety as well as hemp pasta - you have to cook pasta of course so if you are looking to get a balance of raw and cooked into your family's diet, try this really delicious pasta sauce! I made it tonight when my poor, tired Tom came into the lounge and said 'I just don't know how to make the sauce tonight'! (He is usually a whizz at all things culinary in the kitchen!)

So, here's my quick and easy tomato sauce - and it really does taste divine!

In your blender put,

* 2 big fresh tomatoes
* three sundried tomatoes
* an inch of cucumber (or two)
* a pinch of seasoning (I used Herbamare) or a stick of celery
* ten cashew nuts
* 1/4 of a cup of apple juice
* Juice of 1/4 of a lemon

Whizz all of the above ingredients until nice and creamy and then pour over the pasta and in our case tonight, broccoli. As I write this, my daughter is tucking into hers - and is loving it!

This sauce, in my humble opinion, is so tasty, I would have it as a dip for crudites or breads or anything that requires a very yummy but very healthy tomato sauce!! Hope you enjoy it too xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment