Monday 11 May 2009

Buttons - not just for coats!


As I love noodles, I also love chocolate buttons and am constantly drawn towards eating the ones that are readily available (ie Cadbury's Buttons). I don't know what it is about eating chocolate that is in the form of a little button but it is so much more appealing to me than eating, say a bar of chocolate. Maybe with buttons, they bring out the child in me... or maybe, like the noodles, they have a way of 'being' on my tongue that I just enjoy when consuming.

However, I am striving for a healthy mind, body and spirit and the run-of-the-mill buttons don't assist me with that quest as they are full of vegetable fat, milk and sugar. And even though Cadburys have brought out GIANT buttons (argggghhhhhhhhhh!) I thought it was time to do some searching for ways to make my own or to actually buy some that me and my little sweetie Maya could eat together (as she is also a fan.)

Whilst scouring the internet for raw chocolate buttons, I came across a site that sell exactly what I was looking for! I put in a request to sample some and they arrived this morning. I received buttons of all shapes and sizes and had a taste. Mmm. Not quite like Cadburys, I frowned. But then as the button melted on my palate I thought, yes, there is definitely 'button credibility factor here' (BCF) and the chocolate hit is striking... now!

The thing is with products from the old world order is that they have the knack of keeping you hooked to their tastes, textures and sensations. But this is why I am committed to trying things beyond a first taste. The first time I tasted raw chocolate I did not like it one bit. Now, I am a big fan and would rather munch on a Shazzie Choc Bar over most mainstream ones (Green and Blacks still has a little hold on me though).

I got two packages in the post today - my choccie buttons from the lovely K Creations (hand-made raw chocolate from Hampshire - visit them! www.rawchocolateheaven.co.uk PLUS I also, strangely received chocolate button moulds from the USA which I put to the test immediately of course. I didn't haven't any cacao butter to hand but had some coconut butter, mesquite, maca, agave and pink salt.

The buttons turned out ok - Maya didn't like them but she loved the ones from K Creations! The only thing is, one of my button moulds from Bake It Pretty snapped - and I hardly put any pressure on at all. 

But now I know, I can have my buttons and eat them!!

Many thanks to K Creations for sending me through some very yummy samples indeed!! x

No comments:

Post a Comment