Saturday 23 May 2009

Fresh and Live Mummy


OK, here's the deal. I love, LOVE eating fresh and live foods (also known as RAW but I like to use words that describe how I feel when I eat these foods. I do feel fresh and alive and bursting with energy). 

But then, as I have written before, something sneaks into my diet. Then before I know it, I am still eating 'high raw' but also having a lot of junk OR eating a lot of fresh and live but still fatty foods, that enable me to feel pretty darn good but I am NOT LOSING ANY WEIGHT!!!

I just read one of my friend's old blog posts (www.discoverrawblog.com if you want to check out the gorgeous Jo Thomas) and I suddenly felt inspired to give my energy eating a bit of a theme and focus.

So here's the deal.

I am a mummy. I am a mummy who likes to eat lovely, yummy, fresh and raw and brimming with nutrients food. 

When I did my 30 Days in the Raw experiment last year, I felt amazing.

I am overweight. By at least a couple of stone. People don't believe me when I say that but I am.

So, my new project (as these things always seem to work better for me when I bring them into the format of a project!) is based around the fact I am an overweight mum, who needs to be very strict with herself and lose that weight. By being strict, I mean giving myself a list of foods I can eat, make sure all my nutritional needs are met but saying bye byes to everything that gets in the way. Even raw chocolate and my favourite - Bounce Balls! I don't believe in denial but this is why I want to create the most amazing salads, smoothies and flax crackers so that I can just not worry about the weight coming off, as it just will. Plus I will reap the other rewards that always come when eating this way - amazing skin, hair, nails and maybe the niggling pain in my knee will go away again. In fact, I already know it will.

I already know why I want to do this - I want to feel brilliant. I want my body to be in tip-top condition for my next pregnancy and just for general life! 

I really, really do want to fit into those trousers, dresses and wonderful clothes that are just waiting for me to shed just even a few pounds!! I have said this before, but something keeps getting in the way and I just don't have time to analyze anymore!! It's time for action! Sustained action.

So, I am now the Fresh and Live Mummy! I kind of want to go a bit American here and say I am the 'Fresh and Live Mommy' instead as the former makes me sounds a bit wrapped up in cotton! But saying 'Mommy' when I only spent three-months living in New Jersey will simply not do. Ok, so how about:  

The Fresh and Live Mama!

Yeah, I like that!

So I guess a lot of my posts now will be centered around what I will be eating, new recipes, how I feel and the weight I am losing. Even if you are a Dada or not a Mama, you could get on board with me and take what you want from my experiences (and share your own too.)

I am rather excited about all of this. I already have a short-term plan, which will be reassesed in week 5! Do you want to hear the gist of the first few weeks?

Day One - (tomorrow!) All juice day! This is a day for my body to just breathe a sigh of relief. AHHHhhhhhh! Plenty of fresh and live green juices to make me feel brill. Spinach, watercress, apples, cucumber... yummmy!

Days Two - Day Six - 2 juices and a lovely large salad (daily!) 

For the next five weeks, I will have one 'juice day' a week and the rest of the week will be 2 juices and a salad (which will include flaxxie crackers!)

After six weeks I would like to have a three-day juice feast!

And then back to juice, juice, salad.

In the juice, juice, salad days, I can also have any raw fruit and veggies and if I want a veggie soup I will make one. If I feel like some steamed veggies one day I will simply have them. Nothing is the enemy... but I know (very much so) what will enable me to lose weight and what foods will enable me to stay where I am (not so pleasantly plump!) I will also be including small amounts of nuts and seeds (soaked where poss).

Anyway, now I am accountable to all 5000 of my blog readers (well, no harm in visualizing that amount of people!) I already feel raring to go!! I love food! I love being fresh and live! Let's do it!






1 comment:

  1. Good luck Vicky! And you might want to ask Jenny about The Sedona Method when we next see you - she's having lots of success with weight management at the moment.

    ReplyDelete