Sunday 24 May 2009

I am Extremely Very Fresh and Live Indeed


That is how Lola (from Charlie and Lola) would say it! It is 'Day One' of the Fresh and Live Mama! And I have just had my last smoothie of the day, which I have to say was mightily delicious. Here is the recipe! 

Juice:

2 apples
1/2 a lemon
5 carrots
2 sticks celery
half a cucumber
big slice of pineapple
inch of ginger

then blend with:

1 whole avocado 
handful of ice (I actually used a whole tray!)
big handful of spinach
big handful of watercress, rocket (and spinach again!)
1 tsp spirulina
1 tsp mesquite
1 tsp hemp protein powder (www.detoxyourworld.com)


This made two big cupfuls - and now I feel pleasantly full (but not bursting at the seams and all bloated!)

I made a smoothie for lunch that was quite similar but included a handful of blueberries and a banana.

I relaxed between meals today and it was actually very refreshing not to pick at things. Usually, what I would do is eat a Bounce Ball, then maybe some dehydrated snacks, then something else, something else, then have lunch then also snack in the afternoon - all good snacks but if you want to lose weight, the extras still add up.

Tomorrow I will be juicing and salad-ing. (better tell my friends in advance that I am on  the salads tomorrow as we are going to visit them for the bank holiday monday!)

If I get hungry later on, I know that I could just drink some water but I will probably have a bowlful of blueberries and banana with strawberry cream drizzled on top. (well, I don't want to waste it!)

Quick recipe for THE MOST delish strawberry cream!

Wash and cut off the tops from a punnet of strawberries
Blend with a handful of cashews (soaked if poss - I didn't soak these ones)
Dash of agave
Pinch of salt

A little bit of cream goes a long way!

So all in all, a very splendid day. I have been fresh and live all day, the sun has been shining, me and Tom have done some much-needed sorting in our home, we played at the park and listened to live music and Maya has also had a fabulous day - half with us and half with my mum and dad! This is what I call living in a positively healthy world! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment