Thursday 23 April 2009

From Almond to Cookie


Oooooooooooh! I had such a lovely morning! It all started last night when I soaked three cups of almonds in water for 12 hours! (overnight)

When I came downstairs this morning they were all plump and juicy!

I drained the water from the almonds, saved one cup of them, then blended the rest with a litre of water, a tbsp agave nectar and a pinch pink salt.

Whizz, whizz, whizz!

Now I have delicious, creamy almond milk! 

BUT! I want to strain it first. I don't have a nut milk bag yet so I chose a fresh new dishcloth instead!! (wonderful!)

I poured the milk through and I was left with almond meal/pulp. Why throw it away when you can make delicious Delicate Lemony Almond Cookies!?

So, I put the lovely warm almond milk in the fridge to cool, then I put the almond meal in to a bowl and added the following ingredients:

3 tbsp xylitol
1 tbsp omega blend oil
2 tbsp olive oil
juice of one lemon
2 tbsp shelled hemp seeds
1 tsp mixed spice (mine was a nutmeg/cinnamon blend)
3 tbsp flax meal
pinch of pink salt

then I 'chopped' the remaining cup of almonds from before by pulsing in the blender and added them into the mix too.

• I then shaped the mixture into little cookie patties.

• Now they are drying nicely on the dehydrator.

• I can't wait to eat them! The cookie mixture tasted delish!

• And what a way to make the most of your almonds!

No comments:

Post a Comment