Wednesday 8 April 2009

Quality Time, Quality Life


One of my favourite things to do is to just hang out with my little daughter, Maya. She's my buddy and we go nearly everywhere together. We got in the car today, with the promise of getting some 'Shazzie choc choc' from a local cooperative shop called 'Daily Bread' and feeding the ducks in the park. It was a very chilled out adventure, with Maya helping me stock up the trolley with tasty treats and walking round the park, going 'high on the swings like Kipper the Dog' and climbing on the 'climbing tree'.  It was lovely taking time out from the usual activities of the week - we usually go to two music groups (and host our own one too!), make lots of visits to different friends, go swimming and occasionally pop into 'messy play'. 

But as none of these activities are on for the next two weeks due to Easter hols, we get to change our routine which is good for both of us. Sometimes I feel like I can't change the routine and need to go with the flow, but the week so far has reminded me that I can do what I want! I can change direction, I can steer into a different lane, choose the left fork in the road for once instead of the right and even go backwards if I want!

Is there anything you want to do differently? Go on, give it a whirl! x

No comments:

Post a Comment