Monday 6 April 2009

Sipping my Alfonzo Mango and Mint Smoothie on a Sunny Day


So today is my first day back after a wheat, dairy, sugar, asthma-fest! I have given myself a few rules  - as I respond well to rules! NO wheat. NO dairy. NO sugar. First week all fresh and live. From then onwards, high percentage fresh and live, tiny percentage leeway food items such as baked sweet potato, steamed veggies and some fish. Make sure omega oils are incorporated such as flaxseed oil and whole grains such as buckwheat (which I soak, then dehydrate then eat!)

I have many goals, some of them superficial, some of them a little profound! Here is my list (in no particular order or importance!):

1. To be able to wear the beautiful dress that is hanging in my wardrobe - plus other very lovely clothing items.

2. To be able to be my natural weight.

3. To prepare my body for pregnancy number two (December onwards!)

4. To not have to use my inhaler.

5. To feel alive and free!

I have done this before - I promise you it feels great! Day one for me is always quite exciting as I stock up on foods that are soooo delicious and I really do feel quite privileged to be eating them. My shopping list of an hour ago looked something like this:

Grapes, bananas, lettuce, tomatoes, mango, cucumber, walnuts, courgettes, apples, carrots, celery, avocado, ginger and spinach. I already had some items at home like lemons, buckwheat, olives and sundried tomatoes. And I have some kelp noodles coming in the post tomorrow - never tried those before so will let you know how that all works out.

This morning I had a delicious smoothie for breakfast, a raw Organic Omega 3 foodbar (which has dates, almond butter, flax seeds, quinoa sprouts, raisins and sesame seeds in - really tasty!) and now for lunch I am sipping my alfonzo mango and mint smoothie. Do you want the recipe? It's simply heaven!

Put in the blender:

the flesh of one alfonzo mango
a big handful of spinach
half an avocado
one tsp camu camu (optional - will post about this soon!)
a few fresh mint leaves
a handful of ice

Juice the following fruits:

2 apples
2 carrots
2 sticks of celery
quarter of a cucumber

Blend it all up until smooth and sip whilst the sun shines serenely!

I am also nibbling on grapes and this evening I am going to have a very delicious curry - which I will also share the recipe for as I think you might like it!

Spring Curry

1/2 cup walnuts (soak for four hours before using - this makes them more digestible)
4 sundried tomatoes (I am using ones in oil today but you will need to soak them if they are completely dry)
4 fresh tomatoes
1 clove of garlic
1/2 cup of hot water from the kettle
pinch of salt (I use Himalayan Pink Salt - Jamie Oliver has a good version of this in a handy grinder - about £2.50 a pot)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp mild chili powder
1 tbsp olive oil (you could use coconut oil too)

Whizz all the above ingredients in your blender and serve over:

a plate of carrot and courgette noodles (I have a spiral slicer for this - if you don't, then use your vegetable peeler to get lovely long thin strips.)
finely chopped cauliflower and broccoli (I will be having these raw  - you could lightly steam them or soak in hot water for five minutes)

Optional extras for your curry:

finely chopped mushroom
sweetcorn or baby corn
avocado
shelled hemp seeds
red pepper

Anything that takes your fancy!

I have to say, before I sign off, that I am having a new website designed today, we have a new tree planted in our garden, the sun is shining and I feel very positive about becoming a healthy human! As you can see, everything I am eating is delicious and full of nutrients, vitamins and minerals. All ready to give me a new lease of life - a new beginning! Care to join me?

xxx




 

No comments:

Post a Comment